The Guatemala Literacy Project provides a unique opportunity for your Rotary club to join 120 other clubs and districts on a Rotary Foundation Global Grant.
How can my club get our funds matched on the Global Grant?
Your club can participate in a Global Grant during the 2015-2016 Rotary year:
1) Review the GLP Request for Funding for Global Grant details.
2) Make a pledge by emailing email@example.com or send your club's donation by December 1, 2015 to:
Guatemala Literacy Project
2300 Montana Ave. Suite 301
Cincinnati, Ohio 45211
The GLP will assist with all Global Grant paperwork, and help your contribution multiply up to 3.5 times through District Designated Funds (DDF) and matches from The Rotary Foundation.
As a supporting club, you will receive:
- A complete report detailing who benefited from your contribution and how the funds were spent.
- Photographs of the schools and students.
- Letters from the children benefiting from the programs.
- The right to name a Guatemala Literacy Fellow for every $1,000 contributed.
You can also represent your club on a Project Tour.
All Rotarians are invited to volunteer with the GLP by delivering books, inaugurating computer centers, and touring the projects funded through the efforts of your club and other GLP clubs.
For more details, please see our Project Tours page.