Awards & Honors
Since CoEd’s founding in 1996, the organization has gained international support and recognition, including long-term partnerships with Rotary International, Microsoft Inc., the Kellogg Foundation, USAID, and many private family foundations. Other achievements include:
- Earning Platinum Status from Guidestar (2016).
- Receiving Charity Navigator’s coveted 4-star rating (2013-present).
- Gaining official accreditation for our textbook, computer, and literacy programs from Guatemala’s Ministry of Education (2012).
- Winning first place (out of 50+ organizations) in the Better World Books Literacy Prize contest (2010).
- Winning third place (out of 100+ organizations) in the Juan Bautista Gutierrez Foundation “Helping Those Who Help” contest (2010).
- Ranking in the top 5% of nonprofits in Guatemala by the Center for Sustainable Development (2010). (Read the full report here.)
- Co-hosting NGO Connection Days in Guatemala with Microsoft (2010).
- Participating as a featured forum panelist during Guatemala's National Science, Technology, and Innovation Week conference (2010).
- Being highlighted in Rewriting the Future, a book about our work in Guatemala, with all sale proceeds benefiting CoEd (2009).
- Receiving the Community Partnership Prize from the Research Triangle Institute (2009).
- Presenting CoEd programs at the United Nations Millennium Development Goals conference in New York (2005).
- Receiving a World Bank Rural Productivity Prize (2003).