Founder/Executive Director, Programs and Strategic Alliances
- Former Systems Analyst for Procter and Gamble, Inc.
- Graduate of Xavier University (BS, Business Administration/Information Systems, 1991)
- Has implemented development projects in Guatemala since 1994
Jeff is responsible for overall management and oversight of Guatemala operations. He is also responsible for program design, implementation, effectiveness, strategic planning, business plans, and measurable results.
- Former marketing representative for IBM Corporation
- Graduate of the University of Colorado (MA, Religious Studies, 1997)
- Graduate of Xavier University (BA, History, 1989)
- Has implemented development projects in Guatemala since 1997
As Executive Director, Joe has responsibility for overall management and oversight of U.S. operations. He is also responsible for program design, implementation, effectiveness, strategic planning, business plans, measurable results, and overall fundraising strategy.
Ann Dempsey, CFRE
- Experience in the nonprofit sector since 2002, including work for the YWCA and Interfaith Hospitality Network of Greater Cincinnati
- Graduate certificate in Nonprofit Management (Northern Kentucky University, 2006)
- Graduate of Xavier University (BS, Computer Science, 2002, Minor – Mathematics)
As Development Director, Ann is in charge of overall fundraising strategy and management, including foundation relationships, major gifts, marketing, events, and donor relations.
Chief Financial Officer
- Fifteen plus years of accounting experience in a variety of industries
- Expertise in process improvements & strategic planning
- Master’s degree in Accounting from Florida Atlantic University
As CoEd's CFO, Patricia is responsible for overall financial plans, budgets, and working with all members of the organization to ensure smooth financial sailing.
Director of Finance
- Thirty eight years of professional accounting and management experience in public accounting and industry
- Specialty in financial strategies
- Graduate of University of Kentucky (BS, Accounting, 1976)
As Director of Finance, Marty is responsible for the overall financial aspects of the organization, specifically strategic and tactical matters relating to budgeting, analysis, forecasting, and financial reporting.
Director of Financial Strategy and Analytics
- Graduate of Ohio State University (MS, Physics, 1995)
- Graduate of Xavier University (BS/BSBA, Physics, Mathematics, Information Systems, 1991)
As Director of Financial Strategy and Analytics, Anne primarily provides decision support data and analysis. She also performs some internal control functions, projects future financial needs, and assists the CFO.
Manager, Program Strategy and Evaluation
- Former Project Manager, Institute for Financial Management and Research (IFMR), Thanjavur, India
- Graduate of Swarthmore College (BA, Economics, 2008, Minors—Public Policy and Peace & Conflict Studies)
- Swarthmore Lang Opportunity Scholar, implemented microfinance program in a community of Kampala, Uganda
Katie manages the monitoring and evaluation of our programs, oversees the development of the Scholarship Program, and coordinates strategic planning activities. She works closely with the program teams in Guatemala, serving as a link between the U.S. and Guatemala offices.
Senior Projects Coordinator
- Professional experience in the not-for-profit sector since 2000, including work for Peace & Justice Programs at Xavier University and as a Jesuit Volunteer
- Graduate of Xavier University (BA, English, 2000)
As Senior Projects Coordinator, Jessica is responsible for managing CoEd’s partnership with Rotary International, the Guatemala Literacy Project, planning the Guatemala Project Tour itineraries, and other special projects.
Senior Marketing Coordinator
- Graduate of Xavier University (BS, Finance, 2009)
- Brueggeman Fellow at Xavier, studied Fair Trade Coffee in Guatemala
As Senior Marketing Coordinator, Jennifer manages donor relations and communications, coordinates social media and other marketing efforts, and oversees the database for internal record-keeping.
Senior Grant and Strategy Coordinator
- Experience designing and implementing websites for nonprofit organizations, including accessibility validation and usability testing
- Graduate of the University of Cincinnati (MA, English & Professional Writing, 2009)
- Graduate of Muskingum University (BA, English, Psychology, 2007, Minor – Spanish)
As Senior Grant and Strategy Coordinator, Lisa manages the grants program and major gifts process and prepares grant reports and proposals as well as other marketing copy. She also manages updates to the website.
Leslie Jenkins Reed
Sponsorships and Tours Coordinator
- Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Emory University (BA with honors in History, 2009)
- Former International Teacher, CEDEI School, Cuenca, Ecuador
- Graduate of the University of St. Andrews (Master of Letters, 2011)
As Sponsorships and Tours Coordinator, Leslie oversees the Sponsorship and Scholarship programs, coordinates the U.S. side of tour planning, and serves as the liasion to Canadian Friends of Cooperative for Education.
Major Gifts Coordinator
- Graduate of Anderson University (BA, Business Management; Concentration in Organizational Leadership)
- Has previous experience working and volunteering for nonprofits in both Guatemala and Honduras
As Major Gifts Coordinator, Amanda provides support to the executive director and CoEd’s Board of Directors. She also handles travel logistics and assists with major gift program coordination and tour planning.
- Experience participating and leading outreach programs to Guatemala since 2013
- Graduation expected August 2016 from University of Cincinnati (BS, Industrial Management, 2016; BBA, Economics, 2016)
As Development Coordinator, Garrett manages and develops strategy for CoEd's Outbound Donor Relations efforts. He also supports Fall Fiesta and Donation Processing, serves as the Tech Team Lead, and is responsible for coordinating office volunteers.
Donor Relations and Events Coordinator
- Graduate of the University of Notre Dame (B.A., English & Spanish, 2014; M.Ed., Secondary Education, 2016)
- Nonprofit experience in education, the arts, and civic engagement Former teaching fellow—Alliance for Catholic Education
As Stewardship and Events Coordinator, Sam manages donor-initiated and CoEd-sponsored events, including Fall Fiesta. He also oversees donor recognition and stewardship efforts.
- Graduate of Centre College (BA, Spanish; Minors – History & Latin American Studies)
- 4 years of experience working with nonprofits in the U.S. and Latin America
As Development Associate, Caroline provides administrative, accounting, marketing, and sponsorship support. She also helps coordinate the Bridges and School to School Programs as well as tours to Guatemala.
- Graduate of the University of Cincinnati (MA, Professional Writing, 2016)
- Graduate of Thomas More College (BAs, Spanish & Creative Writing, 2014)
As a Development Associate, Courtney supports marketing efforts, the grants program, CoEd's partnership with Rotary International, and CoEd's founder.
- Graduate of Northern Kentucky University (BAs, Spanish and Public Relations, 2014)
- Experience in the nonprofit sector including work for the Girl Scouts of Western Ohio and Vision 2015
As a Development Associate, Elizabeth works on Outbound Donor Relations, assists with Fall Fiesta’s silent auction, and provides board support.