Non-Cash Ways to Give

Make a Qualified Charitable Distribution from your IRA

Individuals who are 70½ or older can donate up to $105,000 annually from their IRA account, rather than taking the required minimum distribution. By making a qualified charitable distribution (QCD) from your IRA, you may be able to decrease your taxable adjusted gross income (AGI) and support your favorite charity at the same time!

To get started, just take this info to your IRA administrator:

Cooperative for Education 
2300 Montana Avenue, Suite 401
Cincinnati, OH 45211
Phone: 513-661-7000
Tax ID: 31-1545464
Year established: 1997

By using my required minimum distribution, we reduce our annual income (and taxes) and therefore have more funds available for gifts to our favorite causes.

Mary Anne Johnston


Donate Stocks or Other Publicly Traded Securities


If you have a brokerage account, your broker can electronically transfer your shares of stock directly to CoEd.

Please follow these simple steps:

  1. Talk to us: Contact us at or 513-661-7000 to obtain the number for our brokerage account with PNC Institutional Asset Management (DTC# 2616).
  2. Talk to your broker: Give our brokerage account number and PNC’s DTC number to your broker, who can then transfer the stock.

Give through a Donor Advised Fund

A Donor Advised Fund (DAF) is a charitable giving program that gives you an immediate tax advantage combined with the flexibility to support your favorite causes over time. You can establish a DAF through a local community foundation, or through a broker such as Schwab, Fidelity Charitable, or Vanguard.

To make a DAF contribution to CoEd, just have our name, contact info, and Tax ID number handy:

Cooperative for Education
2300 Montana Avenue, Suite 401,
Cincinnati, OH 45211
(513) 661-7000
Tax ID: 31-1545464

Give through your Will or Estate Plans

Certain types of planned gifts have tax advantages for you now and others have advantages for your heirs in the future. There are many strategies to maximize your giving as part of a your legacy.

For example, did you know that individuals who inherit a traditional IRA may be subject to income tax on the funds? However, 501(c)3 charities are tax-exempt! It’s as easy as listing Cooperative for Education as a beneficiary of your IRA account. Through charitable planned giving, you can continue to make your hard-earned money work for you.

You can also make a planned gift by listing Cooperative for Education as a beneficiary on your will, life insurance policy, or annuity.

Click here for more planned giving information: Leave a Legacy


Disclaimer: This is not intended to convey or constitute legal, financial, nor tax advice. Please contact your tax or legal professional for advice pertaining to your individual situation.


Contact Amanda Wirthlin, Senior Individual Giving Officer, at or 513-956-9007.

Thank you for your generosity!