Looking for a simple and fun, Guatemala-themed activity to do at home? Well, look no further! This craft is easy to make, and helps you or your kids get to know a little more about the national bird of Guatemala, the Quetzal.
The Quetzal bird is near and dear to our hearts because it’s native to the country our organization serves, Guatemala! Our organization, Cooperative for Education (CoEd), works to break the cycle of poverty in Guatemala through four educational programs.
If you enjoy this craft, make sure to take a picture of your finished masterpiece and comment the photo on our Facebook post. Don’t forget to use #QuetzalForACause if you share the photo on your own page! Happy crafting!
- toilet paper roll
- something to color with
- Print out the body and wing templates below.
- Color the pieces however you want and cut them out.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper tube.
- Glue the tail onto the back of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the head onto the front of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the wings onto the side of the toilet paper roll.
- Fold the feet and glue the tabs to the inside of the tube.
Snap a picture and post it in the comments on our Facebook post. Don’t forget to use #QuetzalForACause if you share the photo on your own page too!